PlayStation 4’s may be sold out in stores across the U.S. but Devolver Digital has your back: fans are now able to submit a 30-second video entry via YouTube to Devolver Digital on why they deserve a PlayStation 4 this holiday. Entries can be submitted from now until noon Austin, Texas time on the 23rd of December. One lucky winner will get a PlayStation 4 and a pre-release download for Hotline Miami 2 on PSN when it’s ready to go.
“My first thought was to either sell it online for a tidy profit or set it on fire in front of some overzealous fanboys but then our PR team said we had to give it away because that’s what baby Jesus would want,” said Fork Parker, CFO of Devolver Digital.
How to make it happen:
- Only entries from the United States are eligible to win. Sorry, this is the only way we can appease the monsters we keep chained up in the legal department.
- Keep the video entrees under 30 seconds and on YouTube only, telling Devolver Digital and Fork Parker why they deserve to win. That’s like half a minute, so make it count!
- Entrants must submit their link in a tweet to @DevolverDigital and follow @DevolverDigital to be eligible to win. One entry per Twitter/YouTube user.
- Winner will be notified via Twitter direct message so if you don’t follow @DevolverDigital and you win, you actually lose. People will call you a loser.
- If you don’t win, you should still totally buy a PlayStation 4. They’re slick.